Leave of Absence/Returning to University
Go to Academic RegulationsGo to FAQ
Article 17 (Leave of Absence), Academic Operations Regulations Article 22 (Application and Permission for Leave of Absence), Article 23 (Leave of Absence Types), Article 26 (Special Leave of Absence Extension), Article 37 (Terms of Study), Article 39 (Tuition for Leave of Absence), Article 41(Tuition Repayment Standard)
Studying is stopped for a certain period by obtaining permission of principal if students can attend the regular semester because of the individual condition.
From 10 days before the opening regular semester to 20 days after opening semester
For the leave of absence during the semester, they should submit the application of leave of absence to school affairs supporting division of belonging college within 89 days after the date opening semester and obtain permission of principal.
Method of Application
College students’ internet application: Application in the menu of portal – school register/graduation – school register – application of leave of absence & returning to school by units of 1 semester or 1 year Period of leave of absence can be applied by 1 year once and if more leave of absence is necessary, leave of absence should be applied again during the semester of applying returning to school.
If leaving of absence(leave of absence during the semester) after the period of application, they should visit and apply to school affairs supporting division of belonging college.
If changing to general leave of absence because of the military service, copy of discharge certificate, certificate of military service, abstract of resident registration (including military service) should be scanned and attached or submitted by fax.
For leave of absence & returning to school of graduate students, they should write application of leave of absence and submit it to school affairs supporting division of belonging college.
Period of leave of absence
- Leave of absence should be commonly 3 years (6 semesters)
- Leave of absence for disease treatment: possibility to enlarge to maximum 1 year
(Necessity to submit diagnosis of more than 4 weeks issued by head of hospital affiliated to this school or head of other general hospital and confirmation of adviser or department(college) head)
- New students, transferred students, students who entered again cannot leave of absence for the first semester except for entrance of military service and disease. (Leave of absence for disease: submission of hospital treatment diagnosis of more than 4 weeks (issued by head of hospital affiliated to this school or head of other general hospital) and confirmation of in-hospital for more than 4 weeks
- Leave of absence for training after passing national examination: Possibility to enlarge until the completion of training period (necessity of relative documents)
In case of special leave of absence(pregnancy, foundation, leave of absence by military service, etc.), it’s separately applied without application to leave of absence. (necessity of relative documents)
Tuition carried over
The tuition that students who leave of absence after registration is carried over to the tuition of semester they return to school. After the period of nominated leave of absence & returning to school, tuition that students submitting application of leave of absence (leave of absence during the semester) paid are repaid in accordance with the Article 41 of school affairs operation regulation. But, in case of leave of absence by military service and disease, it is carried over to the tuition of the semester of returning to school.
Tuition Carry-over has been abolished from Spring Semester of 2015.
Refer to the corresponding notices for more details.
이 표는 일반휴학시 등록금 반환가능 일자와 반환액에 대한 정보를 포함하고 있습니다.
일반휴학시 등록금 반환
Semester opening date
Amount of repayment(tuition)
Within 30 days
After 91 days
Using of facilities
In case of students who leave of absence, it’s possible to use library, reading room and physical education facility. It’s possible to attend season classes.
- New students, transferred students, students who entered again cannot leave of absence for the first semester except for entrance of military service and disease.
- They should receive and keep receipt after submitting application of leave of absence. (only students who directly submitted)
- Leave of absence/returning to school of graduate school cannot be applied internet.
General inquiry School affairs supporting division of belonging college
- One-Stop service center(humanities and social studies) +82-2-3290-1140~6 the B1 Floor of central square
- One-Stop service center (natural science studies) +82-2-3290-4090~2 the B1 Floor of Hana square
- One-Stop service center (Sejong) +82-41-860-1072 the 1 Floor of academic information center