1) Under the Constitution and Academic Regulations of Korea University, Article 35,
applicants should have registered for more than three semesters(those whose first major
have not been designated are ineligible) are eligible to apply for interdisciplinary major.
※ Students who are on leave of absence at the time of (or during the application period)
will be disqualified even after being announced as successful applicants.
2) Transfer students can apply after completing a minimum of one semester at Korea
3) Students on leave of absence are not eligible to apply.
4) Students who are already in the interdisciplinary major program are ineligible to apply.
Also students who are pursuing a double major or engineering authentication certificate
programare ineligible to apply unless students withdraw from the program
before April 5, 2019 (Fri).
3. Application Period
1) Application Period: April 10, 2019 (Wed); 10:00 ~ April 12 (Fri); 17:00
2) Application is only accepted online at KU Portal
→ Registration &Graduation → Interdisciplinary Courses
3) Statement of Purpose: Why did you apply?/field of your interest (courses)/academic
1) The mandatory regulation of completing a second major is applied to students entering
from 2004 onward. Student subject to this regulation must complete one of the
followings; 1) intensive major course of first major 2)double major 3) interdisciplinary
major 4)student-designed major. (Applicant who is transferred with a bachelor’s degree
can choose not to complete a second major.
2) Students who withdraw second major program before applying for the interdisciplinary
major and fail to enter this program should take an intensive course of the first major.
3) Intensive major course of 1st major assumes a similar form to the existing single major
4) Among successful applicants, those only who retain the eligibility conditions during the
application semester (ie. Registration, approval of pre-taken courses, designation of
independent major courses, course-registration) will be accepted to pursue
Interdisciplinary Major from the following semester. However, those who take a leave of
absence during the application semester will be allowed to apply for other second majors
for once according to section ①, ② of Article 104 of the Korea University Academic
5) Any application to “Bachelor of Financial Engineering” is limited to Seoul-Campus
6) Graduate School of Legal Studies will offer the Interdisciplinary Major Courses related to
7) Students may not apply for a "Crytology" & "Study of Derivative Financial Engineering" due
to the abolition of interdisciplinary major.
8) Any questions related to the curriculum and graduation requirements should contact the
relevant department or college.
5. The announcement of Successful Applicants
1) Date: May 3, 2019 (Fri); after 14:00
2) Please go to KU Portal → Bulletin → Notice → Undergraduate Schedule
2019. 3. 15.
Academic Administration Division Education Team