Guidelines on Applying for a Minor (1st Semester 2017)
I. Applying for a Minor
A minor is acquired by completing more than 21 credits in majors other than the first major.
- A minor does not fall under the scope of a second major. -
1. Eligibility : Students who (1) have designated their first major, and (2) have registered for more than three semesters, and (3) are enrolled in the spring semester of 2017
※ students who are on leave of absence at the time of (or during the application period) will be disqualified even after being announced as successful applicants.
2. The Range of Applicable Department :
1) Students cannot apply for a department that is the same as or similar to their first major.
2) A minor of a department that is not established on the Sejong Campus can be completed at the Anam Campus.
3) In the case where the same or similar departments are established on the Anam and Sejong Campuses, the minor will be completed at the Campus of the applicant.
4) Only students whose first major lies within the College of Education can apply for a minor in the College.
Note: ※ In the case of students who entered College of Education in either 2006 or 2007, the quota for a minor in the College is 10% of the entrance quota for each department. From 2008, students are not recruited for a minor in College of Education due to the abolition of the system granting teaching certification through a minor (by the Ministry of Education).
5) Medical, Nursing, Pharmaceutical Science, Computer and Communication Engineering, Law and Cyber Defense departments do not offer a minor.
◎Registration Date : March 2, 2017 (Thu.) 10 a.m. – March 21, 2017 (Tue.) 5:00 p.m.
◎Venue of Registration: Your major department
◎Registration Process :
1) Complete the application form. (prescribed form)
2) Complete a designated course list in the preferred department for a minor.
3) Acquire the signature and seal from the dean of the department for the minor and dean of the College of the applicant.
4) Your major department
* Depending on the preferred department for a minor, applicants can be requested to submit a tran.
- The application and designated course list form can be downloaded from the attached file below -
Academic Administration Division