The KU International Education Team is pleased to announce that the application for the 2020 International Winter Campus is now open.
This year’s IWC will offer most of its classes as blended courses: in-person classroom sessions and online (livestream and video recordings) sessions both open to all students.
1. Application Period: October 30th, 2020 (Fri) – November 27th, 2020 (Fri) 5pm (Courses are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis.)
2. Program Duration: December 28th, 2020 (Mon) – January 15th, 2021 (Fri), 3 weeks. (Classes from Monday to Friday)
(Classes on January 2nd (Sat), as January 1st (Fri) celebrates New Year Anniversary.)
3. Course Schedule (160 min class time with 10 min breaks)
A. 1st period: 9am – 11:40am
B. 2nd period: 1:10pm - 3:50pm
C. 3rd period: 4:10pm - 6:50pm
4. Eligibility: KU Undergraduate student *Students who expect to graduate or expect to meet all graduation requirements in February 2021 NOT eligible*
5. Course Fee: 323,700 KRW per course (same as winter session 3-credit courses)
6. Course Drop/Add Period: December 28th, 2020 (Mon) 9am – December 29th, 2020 (Tue) 5pm
A. Cancellation before December 11th (Fri), 2020: 100% refund
B. Cancellation before December 29th (Tue), 2020: 80% refund
C. Cancellation after December 30th (Wed), 2020: No refund
8. How to Apply:
A. Visit our official website (winter.korea.ac.kr)
B. Click on ‘IWC Apply & Pay Here’
C. Select on ‘Korea University Students’ and submit the online application
9. How to Complete Registration:
A. Deadline for Fee Payment: November 27th, 2020 (Fri) 5pm
B. How to proceed with payment:
*Once you complete your online application, you will receive an individual virtual account number (KEB HanaBank)
*Payment should be done in KRW, and wire transfer commissions are to be paid by the student.
10. Course Cancellation Policy: Cancelled if less than 10 registered students
11. Academic Credits:
A. Course credits from IWC can be transferred as KU regular semester credits
B. Students are allowed to take both IWC and winter session courses, but the total credits cannot exceed 6 credits.
C. Transferrable course credits by each IWC course are listed in the attached document.
D. Important Notice:
I. Only courses approved by the specific majors (double-major, minor major, multiple majors) will be considered as major required, major elective, elective general studies or major-related general studies, accordingly. * Courses that do not fall in any category will be automatically classified as general elective
II. Students can re-take IWC courses during the regular semester only when there is a credit-transferrable counterpart course open. * If not, students can only re-take that particular course in the following International Winter Campus
III. Course information of IWC classes on the academic tran will reflect the course information of their credit-transferrable counterparts. Courses without any credit-transferrable counterparts will list their original information. (e.g. IWC205 Introduction to Marketing -> BUSS205 Principles of Marketing)
IV. The categorization (major required, major elective, etc.) of the credit-transferred courses will depend on the major of the student. In case of a change in the major, students can contact the administrative office of their majors to change the categorization as well. (e.g. a Korean Language and Literature major student can still transfer IWC205 Introduction to Marketing credits to BUSS205 Principles of Marketing, while the course being categorized as a general elective, not a major elective.)
V. Courses taken during the regular semesters cannot be re-taken in IWC.
12. Academic evaluation will be based on the criteria stated on the course syllabi, such tests, assignments,
attendance, participation and others.
13. Please be advised all courses might be offered as online classes only, depending on the development of
14.Contact: International Education Team (Dongwon Global Leadership Hall #301)
A. Phone: 3290-1152~1156,1158
B. Email: email@example.com
C. Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kuisc.iwc/
D. Homepage: https://winter.koreac.kr