[Global Services Center] Mentoring Program Scholarship Students Recruitment for 2020 Spring Semester
- Graduate students who are attending regular semesters at the Seoul campus or undergraduates of Seoul campus who are in the third grade or higher (Students on a leave of absence or completed students cannot apply.)
- (As of the previous semester) GPA 2.0 or higher
- Koreans and foreigners
- Must be fluent in Korean
- Able to speak Chinese or English
2. The duration of the activity
- Duration: 1 year (with an extension of 1 year, or 1 semester as an exception)
- Required activity: 20 hours per week during the regular semester
*Mandatory mentor orientation and international freshman orientation during the breaks
*Mandatory course registration assistance before the semester begins
*Mandatory Mentor Training Seminar: 15:30-17:30 on every Monday
3. Scholarship detail
- Full tuition scholarship
- Scholarship will be paid to the student’s own account at the end of the semester when the program ends.
4. Main Activities
- A mentor is responsible for a group of 20 freshmen (apprx.) and provides regular and continuous academic supports for one year.
- Individual study guidance
: Preparing a learning plan including course requirements and in-school activities per semester, and providing feedback on academic performance to improve the freshmen’s learning ability
- Basic study training for major courses
: Providing supplementary explanations and practical advice for effective preparation for examinations, assisting to understand course content, and running study groups
- Sharing information and handling complaint
: Providing information for course requirement, course works and on- and off-campus programs, and consultation for identifying difficulties related to campus life and finding solutions
5. How to apply
▶ First step: Document screening
- Application period: Dec. 9th, 2019 (Mon) to Jan. 20th, 2020 (Mon) by 11:59 PM
- Required documents: Self-introduction and the Collection of Personal Information Utilization Agreement (The attached form)
- Application submission: submit application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
*E-mail Title: “멘토 장학생 지원_Applicant’s name”
*The required documents must be in Korean and submitted by the deadline.
(Otherwise, the application will not be accepted.)
*After the submission, the email confirmation of receipt will be sent.
▶ Second step: Interview (Only those who pass the document screening will be notified individually for interview schedule.)
- Interview date: Jan. 28th, 2020 (Tue) to Feb. 7th, 2020 (Fri)
*Video interview will be conducted for foreign residents.
*The interview will be scheduled among the preferred dates that the applicant indicates in the application.
▶ Announcement of result: Individual notice on Feb. 13th, 2020 (TBC)
6. Contact: 02-3290-5173/ email@example.com